SAMBA Server has files marked as READONLY when they are not in w32 clients...
Todd Simpson
2010-03-02 04:40:23 UTC
I am trying to use our latest v1.03 on eCS 1.2MR as the server and then using MS
Win XPPro SP3 as a client.

Normal Windows Explorer viewing is fine. But I am having problems with apps like
OpenOffice v3.x and my PDF printer tools with creating temporary files and then
releasing them. The temporary lock files stay and are not deleted as usual with
another server environment .

I also have problems on some shares with renaming files and folders. I have
tried many different ways to try to eliminate the problems but I can not find
any consistent pattern on how the files or folders are set to READONLY from the
Win XP side. eCS based Samba Status Monitor shows the files and folders status
of R/W as READONLY. In Windows XPPro SP3 does not show any such attributes...

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!!! Keep up the GREAT work!!!

Thank you,
-Todd