SYS1187: XCOPY cannot access the target file.
Piersante Sestini
2010-07-23 14:38:19 UTC
SYS1187: XCOPY cannot access the target file.
I am getting this after a while when trying to backup a partition to a
network drive (using ecs1.1 and the latest samba netdrive plugin)

There is plenty of space on the disk, and xcopy is the only program
accessing it

Is there a known explanation/solution?

piersante
Lars Erdmann
2010-07-24 18:30:35 UTC
Post by Piersante Sestini
SYS1187: XCOPY cannot access the target file.
I am getting this after a while when trying to backup a partition to a
network drive (using ecs1.1 and the latest samba netdrive plugin)
There is plenty of space on the disk, and xcopy is the only program
accessing it
Is there a known explanation/solution?
piersante
help sys1187 gives you more info. Are you copying a large number of files ? Try to increase the number of file handles the system can deal with:

SET SHELLHANDLESINC= 80

or so.

Lars
Piersante Sestini
2010-08-02 17:38:47 UTC
Post by Lars Erdmann
help sys1187 gives you more info. Are you copying a large number of
files ? Try to increase the number of file handles the system can deal
SET SHELLHANDLESINC= 80
or so.
That didn't help. However, I solved with 4os2 copy command.
So the problem was xcopy and not samba.

piesse