New ndpsmb.dll for EVFSGUI 2.0.3
Herwig Bauernfeind
2010-02-15 18:03:13 UTC
Hello all,

please try
http://msplins06.bon.at/%7Eadmin139/files/ndpsmb-1.5.0-RC2-20100206-test.zip
together with EVFSGUI 2.0.3

Please make sure it is the only ndpsmb.dll on your system.

Kind regards,
Herwig
Pete Brown
2010-02-15 19:41:35 UTC
Hi Herwig
Post by Herwig Bauernfeind
Hello all,
please try
http://msplins06.bon.at/%7Eadmin139/files/ndpsmb-1.5.0-RC2-20100206-test.zip
together with EVFSGUI 2.0.3
Please make sure it is the only ndpsmb.dll on your system.
Kind regards,
Herwig
Applied this ndpsmb.dll to replace the version supplied with
evfsgui-203-20100129-test.zip

Not sure what it is meant to fix...

EVFSgui still has no idea that I have an active network as the Browse
View fails to display anything.

The problem with missing files and directories on OS/2 Peer shared
drives reported previously still exists.

Regards

Pete
Pete Brown
2010-02-15 23:35:17 UTC
Hi Herwig
Post by Pete Brown
Hi Herwig
Post by Herwig Bauernfeind
Hello all,
please try
http://msplins06.bon.at/%7Eadmin139/files/ndpsmb-1.5.0-RC2-20100206-test.zip
together with EVFSGUI 2.0.3
Please make sure it is the only ndpsmb.dll on your system.
Kind regards,
Herwig
Applied this ndpsmb.dll to replace the version supplied with
evfsgui-203-20100129-test.zip
Not sure what it is meant to fix...
EVFSgui still has no idea that I have an active network as the Browse
View fails to display anything.
The problem with missing files and directories on OS/2 Peer shared
drives reported previously still exists.
Regards
Pete
Sorry, forgot to mention that EVFSgui 2.0.3 has not generated entries in
popuplog.os2 since installing this ndpsmb.dll - which may be what you
are interested in at the moment.

Regards

Pete
Herwig Bauernfeind
2010-02-16 06:52:14 UTC
Hi Pete,
Post by Pete Brown
Post by Pete Brown
Post by Herwig Bauernfeind
please try
http://msplins06.bon.at/%7Eadmin139/files/ndpsmb-1.5.0-RC2-20100206-test.zip
together with EVFSGUI 2.0.3
Please make sure it is the only ndpsmb.dll on your system.
Applied this ndpsmb.dll to replace the version supplied with
evfsgui-203-20100129-test.zip
Not sure what it is meant to fix...
EVFSgui still has no idea that I have an active network as the Browse
View fails to display anything.
If your Samba server has no guest account that is to be expected....
Post by Pete Brown
Post by Pete Brown
The problem with missing files and directories on OS/2 Peer shared
drives reported previously still exists.
We are still speculating what this might be. A ndpsmb.log would be helpful.
Post by Pete Brown
Sorry, forgot to mention that EVFSgui 2.0.3 has not generated entries
in popuplog.os2 since installing this ndpsmb.dll - which may be what
you are interested in at the moment.
Yes - that's what was meant to change with this build.

Regards,
Herwig
Doug Bissett
2010-02-16 00:14:48 UTC
On Mon, 15 Feb 2010 18:03:13 UTC, Herwig Bauernfeind
Post by Herwig Bauernfeind
Hello all,
please try
http://msplins06.bon.at/%7Eadmin139/files/ndpsmb-1.5.0-RC2-20100206-test.zip
together with EVFSGUI 2.0.3
Still causes the POPUPLOG.OS2 entries:
=================
02-15-2010 16:41:46 SYS3175 PID 0008 TID 0002 Slot 0014
M:\ECS\BIN\EVFSCTL.EXE
c0000005
00000022
P1=00000001 P2=00000022 P3=XXXXXXXX P4=XXXXXXXX
EAX=00000014 EBX=00000067 ECX=000cf2e0 EDX=1ffc70bc
ESI=00000040 EDI=000cf3d0
DS=0053 DSACC=d0f3 DSLIM=5fffffff
ES=0053 ESACC=d0f3 ESLIM=5fffffff
FS=150b FSACC=00f3 FSLIM=00000030
GS=0000 GSACC=**** GSLIM=********
CS:EIP=005b:00000022 CSACC=d0df CSLIM=5fffffff
SS:ESP=0053:000cf310 SSACC=d0f3 SSLIM=5fffffff
EBP=657f6f35 FLG=00010246
==================
Post by Herwig Bauernfeind
Please make sure it is the only ndpsmb.dll on your system.
The only other ones are from the download files. There is no way that
the system would ever find them by itself.
Post by Herwig Bauernfeind
Kind regards,
Herwig
I do have a process dump for the error, if it would help. Where do I
upload it?

Interesting occurrence, when I tried to put 2.0.3 back in. Even though
EVFSGUI was not running, the system would not allow me to replace the
EXE. I had to reboot to free it up.

BTW the failing system is the only one with multiple processors (it is
an AMD Phenom quad core). One of the other systems runs best in SMP
mode, but has only one processor.
--
From the eComStation of Doug Bissett
dougb007 at telus dot net
Herwig Bauernfeind
2010-02-16 07:02:05 UTC
Post by Herwig Bauernfeind
Please make sure it is the only ndpsmb.dll on your system.
The only other ones are from the download files. There is no way that
the system would ever find them by itself.
I do have a process dump for the error, if it would help. Where do I
upload it?
Do you have access to netlabs - that would be appropriate and I am VERY
interested into this dump.
Post by Doug Bissett
Interesting occurrence, when I tried to put 2.0.3 back in. Even though
EVFSGUI was not running, the system would not allow me to replace the
EXE. I had to reboot to free it up.
That indicates that EVFSGUI had to restart EVFSCTL.EXE (after a crash) -
in this case EVFSCTL.EXE is considered to be a running child process of
EVFSGUI and therefore it cannot be replaced.
Nothing to worry about per se.
Post by Doug Bissett
BTW the failing system is the only one with multiple processors (it is
an AMD Phenom quad core). One of the other systems runs best in SMP
mode, but has only one processor.
Good to know - I only have single core machines to test on at the
moment, but will have a Dual Xeon within a few weeks

Doug, you might want to start EVFSCTL.EXE manually and non-detached in a
command window - it writes some interesting things to the screen. I do
the same occasionally.
Enabling the debug log feature of ndpsmb.dll would be interesting, too.

Regards,
Herwig
Doug Bissett
2010-02-16 18:23:31 UTC
Post by Herwig Bauernfeind
please try
http://msplins06.bon.at/%7Eadmin139/files/ndpsmb-1.5.0-RC2-20100206-test.zip
together with EVFSGUI 2.0.3
=================
...snip...
Post by Herwig Bauernfeind
Post by Doug Bissett
==================
Post by Herwig Bauernfeind
Please make sure it is the only ndpsmb.dll on your system.
The only other ones are from the download files. There is no way that
the system would ever find them by itself.
I do have a process dump for the error, if it would help. Where do I
upload it?
Do you have access to netlabs - that would be appropriate and I am VERY
interested into this dump.
See below...

...snip...
Post by Herwig Bauernfeind
Post by Doug Bissett
BTW the failing system is the only one with multiple processors (it is
an AMD Phenom quad core). One of the other systems runs best in SMP
mode, but has only one processor.
Good to know - I only have single core machines to test on at the
moment, but will have a Dual Xeon within a few weeks
Doug, you might want to start EVFSCTL.EXE manually and non-detached in a
command window - it writes some interesting things to the screen. I do
the same occasionally.
Enabling the debug log feature of ndpsmb.dll would be interesting, too.
Is that the debug and log settings in EVFSGUI?
Post by Herwig Bauernfeind
Regards,
Herwig
I will try this later today. I need to see if I can access Netlabs for
upload. If not I will see if I can get a PROCDUMP to you some other
way. They are all somewhere near 1.2 meg.
--
From the eComStation of Doug Bissett
dougb007 at telus dot net
Herwig Bauernfeind
2010-02-16 18:59:30 UTC
Post by Herwig Bauernfeind
Post by Doug Bissett
==================
Post by Herwig Bauernfeind
Post by Doug Bissett
BTW the failing system is the only one with multiple processors (it is
an AMD Phenom quad core). One of the other systems runs best in SMP
mode, but has only one processor.
Good to know - I only have single core machines to test on at the
moment, but will have a Dual Xeon within a few weeks
Doug, you might want to start EVFSCTL.EXE manually and non-detached in a
command window - it writes some interesting things to the screen. I do
the same occasionally.
Enabling the debug log feature of ndpsmb.dll would be interesting, too.
Is that the debug and log settings in EVFSGUI?
Yes,
debug = EVFSGUI console window
logging = ndpsmb.dll logging
Post by Doug Bissett
I will try this later today. I need to see if I can access Netlabs for
upload. If not I will see if I can get a PROCDUMP to you some other
way. They are all somewhere near 1.2 meg.
Ok. This would eventually also work as email, although I'd prefer not :-)

Kind regards,
Herwig
Doug Bissett
2010-02-16 19:37:04 UTC
Post by Herwig Bauernfeind
Post by Doug Bissett
==================
Post by Doug Bissett
I will try this later today. I need to see if I can access Netlabs for
upload. If not I will see if I can get a PROCDUMP to you some other
way. They are all somewhere near 1.2 meg.
Ok. This would eventually also work as email, although I'd prefer not :-)
Kind regards,
Herwig
Incident #129 at the netlabs for SAMBA site. The PDUMP.000 file is too
big to upload, so I put it on my own site, and put a link into the
incident. Please let me know when you get that so I can remove it.

I see that you have another version. I will try that shortly...

Thanks...
--
From the eComStation of Doug Bissett
dougb007 at telus dot net
Doug Bissett
2010-02-16 20:50:00 UTC
On Tue, 16 Feb 2010 19:37:04 UTC, "Doug Bissett"
<dougb007!SPAM-***@public.gmane.org> wrote:

...snip...
Post by Doug Bissett
I see that you have another version. I will try that shortly...
Interesting, using the contents of evfsgui-203-20100216-debug-test.zip
with the dll from evfsgui-20-GA-20091224.wpi works on my quad core
machine.
--
From the eComStation of Doug Bissett
dougb007 at telus dot net
Herwig Bauernfeind
2010-02-17 07:07:45 UTC
Post by Doug Bissett
I see that you have another version. I will try that shortly...
Interesting, using the contents of evfsgui-203-20100216-debug-test.zip
with the dll from evfsgui-20-GA-20091224.wpi works on my quad core
machine.
Ok, no real problems to expect when using a newer evfsgui.exe with the
old DLL (the new evfsgui.exe just wont pass the removed tokens to the
DLL and when it gets them back it will simply ignore them) -
nevertheless, the old 1.5.0 beta4 DLL works, while the new 1.5.0 RC DLLs
do not and that's very interesting.

Hmmh, we changed the build process between 1.5.0 beta 4 and the 1.5.0 RC
- will look whether that gives me a clue.

Kind regards,
Herwig