Updated SSCC.EXE and SMBUSERS.EXE packages
Herwig Bauernfeind
2010-02-19 09:40:37 UTC

as indicated I updated these 2 packages today.

They are available from http://svn.netlabs.org/samba

The password change crash plus the leftover files issue is fixed in
smbusers.exe.

In sscc.exe you are forced now to create a "root" account, unless there
exists one already plus the leftover files issue is fixed.

These are ZIP files only and drop in updates, the next WPI will also
comes with these (or even better ones in case there are more issues).

Kind regards,
Herwig
Doug Bissett
2010-02-20 20:03:38 UTC
On Fri, 19 Feb 2010 09:40:37 UTC, Herwig Bauernfeind
Post by Herwig Bauernfeind
Hi,
as indicated I updated these 2 packages today.
They are available from http://svn.netlabs.org/samba
The password change crash plus the leftover files issue is fixed in
smbusers.exe.
In sscc.exe you are forced now to create a "root" account, unless there
exists one already plus the leftover files issue is fixed.
These are ZIP files only and drop in updates, the next WPI will also
comes with these (or even better ones in case there are more issues).
Kind regards,
Herwig
They both seem to work good here, but I didn't test the forcing of a
root account (I will do that when I get to my test machine).
--
From the eComStation of Doug Bissett
dougb007 at telus dot net
Doug Bissett
2010-02-23 00:19:59 UTC
On Sat, 20 Feb 2010 20:03:38 UTC, "Doug Bissett"
Post by Doug Bissett
On Fri, 19 Feb 2010 09:40:37 UTC, Herwig Bauernfeind
Post by Herwig Bauernfeind
Hi,
as indicated I updated these 2 packages today.
They are available from http://svn.netlabs.org/samba
The password change crash plus the leftover files issue is fixed in
smbusers.exe.
In sscc.exe you are forced now to create a "root" account, unless there
exists one already plus the leftover files issue is fixed.
These are ZIP files only and drop in updates, the next WPI will also
comes with these (or even better ones in case there are more issues).
Kind regards,
Herwig
They both seem to work good here, but I didn't test the forcing of a
root account (I will do that when I get to my test machine).
It seems that there is more to the password stuff than just the files
in:
\MPTN\ETC\samba\private
but I was able to make it ask for a root account. I didn't find any
way to get around that.

All temp files are also removed.

Thanks...
--