thumbs.db
Bart
2010-09-06 23:31:34 UTC
I want the server to ignore (not write) thumbs.db
I did some Googling and found the veto parameter for smb.conf
But veto looks like it hides the files from the clients.
Is there a parameter that will prevent these files from being
written to the server?
Bart
Toronto
L.Willms
2011-08-13 08:32:58 UTC
Am Mon, 6 Sep 2010 23:31:34 UTC, schrieb Bart
Post by Bart
I want the server to ignore (not write) thumbs.db
This collection of thumbnail images is written either by Windows or
by an image viewer program.

On windows, you might try to change the settings for the folder,
either for the specific folder or generally as a Explorer option, to
not store the miniature images (thumbnails).

I think that this is not an issue for an SMB client.

Cheers,