evfsgui-20-GA-20091224 error message
Pete Brown
2010-01-11 15:03:42 UTC
Hi

Just bumped into this error which closes EVFSgui on clicking the OK button:-

Error!

Line 27 of EF_SERVERChange in evfsgui.VRM:
+++ ok = VRSet('EF_NETWORK', 'Value',
VRMethod('CN_smbtree', 'GetRecordAttr', ParentRH, 'Caption'));

OK

The above error message occurred because I highlighted the value in the
Server entry box and used Shift-Del to copy the value - which meant that
as I had "cut" the value I needed to then use Shift-Insert to put the
value back.

Maybe the code needs changing to see if the Server value has actually
changed.

This exercise would probably be easier if EVFSgui was capable of
displaying the existing network Workgroup and Servers in the dropdown
fields. Might also help if EVFSgui could display something in the
"Network Neighbourhood" as well.

I see the following in the VX-Rexx Console when I start EVFSgui:-

03:03:31 _RefreshTreeDisplay() started
samba.!msg = "J:\temp\smb_msg.930"
03:03:31 _RefreshTreeDisplay() done

When I look in J:\temp for smb_msg.930 the file does not exist. When I
click "Refresh" with the J:\temp directory open onscreen I see the file
get created and deleted immediately after creation so no help there.

Regards

Pete