IBM lan requester
Bart
2009-11-11 20:43:46 UTC
Gunter asked me to try accessing our Linux server with IBM lan requester (as
opposed to Netdrive)
I tried this before without success. I thought that my NetBIOS protocol might
have been the culprit, so I changed it to NetBios over TCPIP, but I still can't
see the server, i.e NET VIEW
BTW, the netdrive app is still active, should I remove the samba plugin before
trying IBM lan?
What am I doing wrong?

Bart
Toronto
Herwig Bauernfeind
2009-11-12 06:49:38 UTC
Post by Bart
Gunter asked me to try accessing our Linux server with IBM lan requester (as
opposed to Netdrive)
I tried this before without success. I thought that my NetBIOS protocol might
have been the culprit, so I changed it to NetBios over TCPIP, but I still can't
see the server, i.e NET VIEW
BTW, the netdrive app is still active, should I remove the samba plugin before
trying IBM lan?
The presence of it can't be the problem - as long as no active
connections are there neither the presence of Netdrive/EVFS nor the
presence of the plugin can affect the LAN Requester.
Post by Bart
What am I doing wrong?
My best guess would be that either the server or the Requester are
misconfigured....

Kind regards,
Herwig
Bart
2009-11-12 14:52:14 UTC
Thanks Herwig
Post by Herwig Bauernfeind
My best guess would be that either the server or the Requester are
misconfigured....
For OS/2 lan support my smb.cong has:
lm announce = yes
lanman auth = yes

All the eCS PC's here were all working properly with OS/2 Lan before I switched
to samba. So I think they are still configured properly.

Off topic,
I have one XP machine in my office :(
Is "wins support = yes" req'd for access to the samba server?
I also have these settings which I'm not sure if they matter...
workgroup = WORKGROUP should this match the setting on the XP client?
; netbios name = MYSERVER do I need to enable this?

Thanks
Bart