1.0.0.4 Problem
Ben Dragon
2010-05-28 21:54:15 UTC
Hi. I recently had a hard disk crash on the server and had to reinstall SAMBA from
scratch.

I chose the recent 1.0.0.4 wpi install.

Everything went relatively smoothly with minor problems and everything is working fine
save one thing; The drive upon which SAMBA was installed cannot be seen by any clients
except for the HOME folder.

All settings in the smb.conf appear fine and other shares on the same machine work without
problems.

Is this a conf problem or a bug? (I'm using the latest netdrive client on remote
machines).

Thanks.

BEN DRAGON >>>-------> B-Dragon "at" sf-w dot net
Ben Dragon
2010-06-12 15:14:48 UTC
Just to follow up...

I couldn't find anything wrong anywhere.

So I uninstalled everything, removed all related files everywhere and reinstalled.

Everything worked fine... just in case anyone wanted to know.

BEN DRAGON >>>-------> B-Dragon "at" sf-w dot net
Herwig Bauernfeind
2010-06-14 05:47:40 UTC
Post by Ben Dragon
Just to follow up...
I couldn't find anything wrong anywhere.
So I uninstalled everything, removed all related files everywhere and reinstalled.
Everything worked fine... just in case anyone wanted to know.
Success stories are always welcome!
Glad it worked for you!

Regards,
Herwig